Wednesday 11 March 2009

Great North Run and Badges

I've got tired legs today, I used to run a lot when I was younger andhave always been fairly active but over the last year or so I've become pretty lazy. I've decided it's time to get moving again and as an incentive I've entered the Great North Run, so to save myself embarassment I need to get fit. I'm only going out three or four times a week at present, but I plug myself into my ipod and trundle off and i'm actually really enjoying it. It makes me feel more awake and just a lot better in general, not sure I'll be saying that after a 13 mile race but I've got 6 months to build up to it.

I've spent far too long on Etsy this evening. I love gemstone jewellery and jdgemsnd has some beautiful pieces. Despite being sidetracked I managed to list a few of my own bits including this resin bead charm style bracelet. It's quite simple but I love the colours.

I also played about with some badges the other day and came up with this bracelet, not too sure if it works yet though, may need some tweaking.
I'm going to make myself a chai latte and toddle off to bed for a bit read. I've just started A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini author of The Kite Runner. I'm really enjoying it so far, he's an excellent author, and describes his characters well so you can really empathise with them.
Night all, pleasant dreams.

2 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

The only downside to all these 'handmade / craft' websites is that I need to be a millionaire to buy all the stuff in my ever expanding wish lists!!! LOL
The jewellery...*oh my*...it's heaven I tell you :)
Enjoy the latte!

Squidgy Muldoon said...

I'm addicted to them, the lattes that is, (I guess the craft websites too if the truth be told). My problem, apart from not having enough money to buy all the gorgeous stuff, is that I spend more time looking at other peoples fab things than making my own. I really need to wean myself off them a little bit.